8/19/2010

bread bag

A side benefit of making my own bread every week has been that I have something yummy to offer when I want a wee gift for someone. But I definitely needed to create some better packaging than the re-used, re-washed plastic bags I have on hand. Enter: drawstring bread bags.


This polka-dot one is for a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread -- and both are for a hostess gift.

Bread: I add 1/2 cup raisins to this recipe. After the first rise, I roll it out on floured surface, sprinkle with water then with a mix of 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar, roll it into a log, tuck the ends in to make a loaf, and then proceed as usual. Bonus: there's a nifty-looking swirl in the middle of the loaf.

Bag: If you need a refresher on making a drawstring bag, this tutorial is great. I used unbleached muslin for the lining.

No comments: