7/05/2010

finger lickin' good

Usually, when I'm going to roast a chicken, I make, what we have lovingly dubbed, a 'Jorge' (long story.) While we don't make a habit of personifying our food, Jorge is an exception.

Making Jorge consists of filling his cavity with lemon and rosemary, massaging his skin with olive oil, salt and pepper, and putting him in a pan with a little white wine and chicken broth to keep him moist. Jorge is reliably tasty, but this new recipe is... oh, so good. I'm at a loss for words to describe and do justice to just how good this roast chicken smelled as it was cooking and just how good it tasted.

The recipe comes from Saveur, a great foodie mag with lovely photography. The original recipe is Sara's Roast Chicken with Sage and Garlic. I substituted the sage for some fresh lemon thyme I had on hand and tweaked a few of the ingredients, but mostly I followed the recipe, so I'll encourage you to jump on over there.


Since my picture of the finished product was not as appetizing as Saveur's (not surprisingly), here's my bird ready for the oven. Make the leap to see how delicious it looks when it's done. Seriously, it's like one of those scratch n' sniff photos.

No comments: