8/24/2009

trolling the interwebs for inspiration

Some links to help you waste some time today... because most of us are procrastinating from something.

I want this book! Check out that sweet hooded cardigan (the one with the babe looking out the window) And here is a free pattern for the little pixie hat -- super cute.

Cute Kimono shoes -- a free pattern from Aimee Larsen

Some owly love from Moonstitches via Indifixx

I'm still wanting to try embroidering something. These free Sarah Jane Studios patterns would be a good place to start.

Here are a ton of ideas for stuff you can make with just a bit of fabric -- collected tutorials for fat quarter projects. I could be busy with these for a long time.

I love the look of this quilt. I know these kind of tiny, busy patchworks run the risk of looking country, but this one is more cozy than country to me. I think I know what I'll be doing with some of my scraps.

This list of civility is great. How can we bring back some of these?? I love that they are having their kids learn them via a penmanship lesson. Hilarious.

Plastic sandwich baggies gettin' you down? You could try a cool reusable one.

Here is a hilarious blog of 'awkward family photos'

And one that compiles passive aggressive notes. Ah, takes me back to the ol' days when I lived with annoying roommates (not you, Glenda!)

And in case I'm not the only one thinking about Christmas...

A half-eaten gingerbread ornament for your tree

And how about making some of these crazy glove/mitten things for someone on your list -- "These odd looking creations provide the warmth of a mitten, with the dexterity of a glove." Ha!

Here's a really cool quilted advent calendar, but man-oh-man that looks like a ton of work. I think I'll just buy the funky christmas prints and do something easier.

Anyone you know need a good laptop cover? This one from oh fransson is neat.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: