2/12/2008

wedding beach blanket

My brother is a married man!

The wedding was so much fun -- with good food, old friends, new friends, and swing dancing -- and we couldn't be happier for the happy couple.

For their gift, we put together a little driving/beach kit -- a monogrammed tote bag (from who else but L.L. Bean), a couple of guide books for the Pacific coast, and a quilted patchwork beach blanket. My inspiration for the blanket was a shoreline -- irregular water and patchwork land, separated by sand.

I was pretty foolhardy to think that because I had made one little baby blanket, I was ready for a full-size quilt. Oy! The effort involved in making a quilt increases exponentially with its size!

But hey, it's done. And we hope they'll enjoy it for many years to come.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Quentin is Married?! Wow, I am so out of touch with your family at the moment... next thing I know, you'll be telling me that Rachel has a kid on the way!! :)

Send him all my best wishes!

and send me any photos, if you've got 'em! :)

ps: love the quilt! When does the "Housewifery Guide to Cooking and Craftiness" get published? :P