12/05/2007

book totes for the kiddies

For xmas this year, two special kiddos in my life are getting a Robert Munsch book (the author of one of my absolute favourite children's books, The Paper Bag Princess), and a little tote bag.

The totes were so much fun to make! I didn't use a pattern -- obvious by the lack of fancy techniques and tricks -- but I think they turned out pretty cute.

I guess if I ever advance to sewing for adults, I'll have to let loose my inner perfectionist. But for now, I'm enjoying learning by doing, and being content with the results.
The x makes it look almost pro, don't you think?!

I love Marimekko fabric

1 comment:

Glenda said...

cute bags! I like the monkey fabric... reprodepot perhaps? :)

What are you going to do when you get a job? you won't have time for all this crafty funness! :)