10/21/2006

nifty marble magnets

I'm on the bandwagon (or is it off the bandwagon?). I can see how one could get addicted to making marble magnets -- it's pretty fun.


I used silicone sealer, 3/4" magnets, marbles (the ones with one flat side) from the floral aisle of Michael's, and toothpicks. For the pictures, I cut up some stock photo mags I have kickin' around -- I'll try using real photos next time. Not martha has written up some stellar instructions, but I'll still include a few picts of my process...



spreading the glue on the magnet to affix the picture








putting a pea-size dollop of glue in the center of the picture








pushing the marble down on top of the glue








securing the marble where I want it to be (the glue spreads out to the edges and fills any cracks and gaps of the marble's surface--pretty nifty)







ta-da! a side view of the finished magnet
























A finished set, snug in an ol' Altoids tin

No comments: